Great looking steam rooms for home use are few and far between these days, with many manufacturers opting to focus on the more popular domestic sauna market. Luckily, there are still a handful of gems on the UK market. Here are 2 of the best indoor steam rooms for home use. When looking for a domestic steam room you will need to consider many installation factors.
This type of wellness equipment generally requires a recess of some kind and because they are usually kits you’ll also need a minimum space size and height. As a result, a consultation before you buy your home steam room is generally a good idea, followed by professional installation.
1. Tylo Panacea indoor steam room
The Tylo Panacea is their flagship indoor steam room.
The Tylo Panacea steam room is a pinnacle of luxury and relaxation. It offers a harmonious blend of cutting-edge technology and opulent design. Boasting a state-of-the-art steam generator, it envelops users in a cloud of therapeutic steam, promoting deep relaxation and skin rejuvenation. The Panacea’s sleek interior features comfortable seating, adjustable lighting, and user-friendly controls for a personalised experience.
Crafted with high-quality materials and precision, it exudes durability and elegance. With advanced features like aromatherapy compatibility and seamless integration of technology, the Tylo Panacea transforms the steam room experience into a sanctuary of tranquillity and well-being.
2. Harvia Nova indoor home steam room
With the Harvia Nova you get a great value, great quality home steam cabin.
The Harvia Nova steam room cabin embodies sophisticated design. Combining wood, metal, and glass in a free-standing cabin, it emanates comfort and relaxation. Its sleek, thin frame structure and expansive glass body, complemented by an integrated steam column, add a touch of luxury to any bathroom. Beyond its aesthetics, the Nova offers a built-in solution for soft steam, with support for aromatherapy, chromatherapy, and hand & head showers.
Simple assembly, pipeline connection, and plug-in readiness make the Nova a seamless addition for a tranquil and indulgent home spa experience.
Unique features of the best indoor steam rooms
The best indoor steam rooms boast a combination of features that enhance the overall experience and contribute to a comfortable and relaxing environment. Here are key features that define top-notch indoor steam rooms:
- High-quality steam generator: A powerful and efficient steam generator is crucial for producing a consistent and enveloping steam. Look for models with reliable heating elements and controls for customizable steam intensity.
- Temperature and humidity control: Advanced temperature and humidity controls allow users to tailor the steam room experience to their preferences. The ability to adjust these settings ensures comfort and accommodates varying individual preferences.
- Comfortable interior and seating: Ergonomically designed seating and comfortable interior materials enhance the overall comfort of the steam room. Well-designed benches or seats with proper spacing contribute to a more enjoyable experience.
- Thoughtful lighting: Lighting options can enhance the ambiance of the steam room. Some models feature adjustable or coloured lighting to create a soothing atmosphere. LED lights are often preferred for their efficiency and durability.
- Proper ventilation: This is crucial to prevent excessive humidity build-up and maintain air quality. Effective ventilation systems ensure a comfortable environment and help prevent issues like mould and mildew.
- User-friendly controls: Intuitive and user-friendly controls make it easy for individuals to adjust settings according to their preferences. Clear and responsive control panels contribute to a hassle-free experience.
- Aromatherapy compatibility: Some high-end steam rooms offer compatibility with aromatherapy systems. The ability to add essential oils or fragrances enhances the sensory experience and contributes to relaxation.
- Audio systems: Built-in audio systems or compatibility with external audio sources can add entertainment and relaxation options. Listening to soothing music or guided meditations enhances the overall experience.
- Quality materials: Durable and resistant materials, such as corrosion-resistant metals and non-porous surfaces, contribute to the longevity and hygiene of the steam room.
- Easy maintenance: The best indoor steam rooms often incorporate features that simplify maintenance. These can include easy-to-clean surfaces, removable components, and systems to prevent mould and bacterial growth.
- Space efficient design: Efficient use of space is essential for indoor steam rooms. Consider models that best optimise space without compromising on comfort or functionality.
- Safety features: Safety is paramount. Look for steam rooms equipped with multiple safety features. Temperature sensors, emergency shut-off controls, and slip-resistant surfaces will ensure a secure environment.
When considering an indoor steam room, it’s important to evaluate the features mentioned above. Choose a model that best suits your needs, and your budget. Additionally, professional installation and regular maintenance contribute to the longevity and optimal performance of the steam room.
Frequently asked questions
Can you have a steam room in your house?
Yes, it is possible to have a steam room in your house. Many homeowners choose to install personal steam rooms as part of their home spa or wellness suite. These compact and enclosed spaces typically feature steam generators that produce steam by heating water, creating a humid environment ideal for relaxation and skin benefits.
What is better a sauna or steam room?
The best choice between a home sauna and a steam room depends on personal preferences and health goals. Saunas use dry heat, while steam rooms utilize moist heat. Saunas are known for their dry and intense heat, providing a different experience compared to the humid conditions in steam rooms. Both have potential health benefits, such as improved circulation and stress relief, but the choice often comes down to individual comfort and desired effects.
What are the disadvantages of steam rooms?
While the best indoor steam rooms offer various advantages, there are also potential disadvantages. The high humidity in indoor home steam rooms can sometimes lead to discomfort for individuals with respiratory issues. Additionally, the moist environment may create an ideal breeding ground for bacteria and fungi. As a result your steam room will require regular cleaning and maintenance to ensure hygiene.
How long to spend in a steam room?
The best amount of time spent in an indoor steam room varies based on individual tolerance and health conditions. Generally, sessions typically last between 15 to 20 minutes. This allows you to experience the benefits of relaxation, improved circulation, and potential detoxification without overexposure to the humid conditions.
It’s essential to listen to your body and exit the steam room if you feel uncomfortable or experience any adverse effects. Always consult with a healthcare professional before incorporating regular steam room use into your routine. This is especially true if you have pre-existing health conditions.